One change of clothes. This will be the outfit you change into when you have a layover and also serves as your emergency outfit in the event luggage is delayed.
- Driver’s License or State ID Card
- Small toiletries for layover or delays (3 oz or less) in a clear quart size ziplock.
- Hand sanitizer
- Empty reusable water bottle
- Snacks (Ideas: Cliff bars, cheese/peanut butter crackers, granola bars, beef jerky. NO fresh fruit or vegetables trail mix or anything that will melt)
- Reading material
- Travel pillow
- Camera/phone & charger
- Spending money(See FAQ's in "Preparing To Travel.")
YOUR ROLLING DUFFLE
- Two traveling outfits, something comfortable for the long flights.
- 2 pairs lounge clothes for the evenings.
- 6 work outfits for your ministry (3 bottoms/6 tops) The type of clothing will depend upon your project. (See "Clothing Guidelines" on the "At A Glance" page.)
- 1 casual outfits for each non-work day.
- 1 or 2 church/dinner outfits.
- Work shoes
- Tennis shoes or comfortable walking shoes
- Lightweight jacket
- Flip flops for the shower
- Medium weight Jacket and Sweatshirt.
- Rain poncho and/or umbrella
- Clothing should be lightweight and breathable
- Sunscreen and hat, mosquito repellant
- Bible (small)
- Your Trip Guide
- Alarm Clock (Wind up or Battery Only – coordinate with roommate)
- Driver’s License or State ID Card (Do not PACK!)
- Eye Glasses (we recommend no contact lenses)
- Sun Glasses (nothing expensive – simple)
- Small Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- First Aid Medications -- Team Leader will carry a team First Aid kit, but recommend that each person carry the following for their personal use (Tylenol and/or Advil, motion sickness meds, cold remedies, constipation remedies, diarrhea remedies, gastric upset remedies, bug spray, sunscreen, Chapstick & any personal prescriptions)
- Doctor prescribed antibiotics
- Toiletries (Kleenex, Handy-Wipes, Brush, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Personal Hygiene items
- Tall Trash Bag for dirty clothing
- Plug adapter (See FAQ's in "Preparing To Travel.")
- 1 Roll of Toilet Paper
- Hair Dryer – recommend dual voltage
- Ziplock Bags
- Pillow/Travel Pillow (take on plane with you)
- Sewing Kit and/or Safety Pins
- Notecards (to encourage team members and Partners)
- Photo Album (pictures of family, home, church)
- Electrolyte Beverage Powder (i.e.: Gatorade)
- Work Gloves