- Valid Passport/Passport Card for each person in your family. Minors 15 and under traveling with parents may use a birth certificate along with a picture ID
- Proof of your Mexico car insurance
- About $15 in cash for tolls in Mexico (US dollars, not bigger than a $20 bill)
- Clothes: Bring suitable casual clothes that you can work or paint in. Check the weather in Ensenada to know what temperatures to expect. Note: please be sensitive to the Mexican culture and dress modestly. Long shorts are permitted for men and women. Tank tops are not.
- Sweatshirt/jacket for night
- Closed-toed shoes
- For August trip only: extra outfit you can get wet in (if wearing a swimsuit wear shorts and dark shirt over please adults) & towels
- Camping equipment if camping: (tent, ground cover, lantern, sleeping bags, air mattress/cots, flashlights, etc.)
- Camp chairs for around the campfire
- A refillable water bottle for each family membered (please label bottles). Drinking water is only be available to refill existing containers.
- Special dietary supplements
- Work gloves
- Do NOT bring: firearms/ammunition, slingshots, fireworks, pets, alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, cannabis (marijuana) products, valuables (Eastside cannot be held responsible for the loss of items)
Optional: If you’d like to make a donation, bring one of each of the following items (or as many as you can afford) to our dining area before dinner on Thursday at the City of Refuge:
- 5 lb bag of pinto beans (or 5-16oz bags)
- 2-32 oz bag of rice
- 48 oz vegetable oil
- powdered milk (1 large package or 2 smaller ones)
- 42 oz canister oatmeal
*If you cannot find the size listed just purchase the size closest.
NOTE ABOUT OTHER DONATIONS
There is a very big market in Mexico for used clothing, toys, and other items. If you try to cross the border with these types of things you may be charged duty by the officers there. Please be prepared to pay the duty or leave the items at the border to prevent being separated from the group as we cross the border in caravan.